Thank you very much Georgia @LostinNeverland for nominating me for the Outstanding Blogger Award! It is incredibly sweet and thoughtful that you thought of a new blogger like me for this! I have only been blogging since August 2020, although I have been reviewing and saving them since April 2020 when I first got back into reading. I love the support of the blogging community and I am grateful to be a part of it!
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2021, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2021 Outstanding Blogger Award!
Questions for Me:
(1) Have you had a five star read this month?
I have not come across a five star read yet in January, although I did come close with two novels. Lost in Translation, I believe, came the closest to being a five star read even though it had some flaws that kept it from being a perfect five star. Right behind it in the rankings is What If? as it was also a very good novel, but just did not quite get to perfect.
(2) Do you have any reading or blogging goals this year?
My reading goals are to continue trying to expand my read list to reduce my TBR. Although I enjoy almost every type of novel, I still am working towards finding more and more outside my initial contemporary romance and fantasy genres that are my comfort zones. My blogging goals are to (1)make it to my one year anniversary in August and (2)to continue blogging as I not only enjoy it for myself, but I love just being part of the community.
(3) What’s a genre you don’t like?
A genre I do not typically go for is Horror. I have a few novels that fall under this category, but the actual number that I would actively seek out is fairly low. It is a genre I do not like if it is just straight horror and does not have other genres tied in to balance it.
(4) Do you like morally grey characters?
Morally grey characters can be fantastic and I love to read about them. My only trepidation is if they are written well.
(5) Do you like to read classic books?
I love to read most classics, although I tend to now avoid re-reading any that I was forced to read in school. (Haha) Classics are difficult though as I remember reading and loving Little Women awhile ago, but I did not like it as much when I reread it. On the other hand, I have reread Dracula and found I liked it more now than I loved back in the day. I have not found many that I have consistently loved over the years aside from a few, such as Jane Austen.
(6) Have you got a book recommendation for me?
Oh, this is tough as there are too many good books out there – I think I would go for House of Salt and Sorrows, Kisses and Croissants, and The Alice Equation. I hope you enjoy them if they interest you and you have not read them yet.
(7) Do you have a comfort book, if so, what is it?
I have two comfort reads, one series and one standalone. My series is the entire Lord of the Rings series where I can read it any time and still enjoy it. My standalone is Jane Austen’s Emma. Both choices are ones that I’ve reread multiple times and still enjoy.
- If you could have dinner with any book character, who would it be?
- On the opposite end, what book character could you not stand?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- If you could go back, would you change your blogging experience?
- What animal best describes you?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now (money, health, etc. are not issues), where would you go?
I thank Georgia again as I greatly love her blog and get many book ideas from her posts! My nominations are blogs that I obtain a lot of the book memes that I now participate in and also have posts that feature books I typically add to my TBR. Blogging has been a crazy ride and I’ve enjoyed adding in Book Memes this month and plan to continue them along with my usual reviews. I cannot wait to continue to be a part of the blogging community as there are still so many good blogs that I have yet to discover and many that I want to continue to read!