Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
How it works: Each Tuesday will be assigned a topic and then you post your top ten list that fits it. Feel free to add your own spin on the topic to make it work for you! For me, I’m not sure the type of spin I want to put on it, so for now I’ll post fairly straight-forward responses.
I put this month’s topics at the bottom of the post, but you can find the whole list on the host blog. If you don’t have a blog, you’re welcome to participate using other social media or even by putting your list in the comments.
This Week’s Topic: Funny Book Titles
**You can select the cover of each novel to access their entry on Goodreads and their titles below for my reviews, if available.**
- March 16:
Books On My Spring 2021 TBR
- March 23:
Funny Book Titles
- March 30: Places In Books I’d Love to Live
- April 6: Books I’d Gladly Throw Into the Ocean (submitted by Beauty & Her Books)
- April 13: Book Titles That Sound Like They Could Be Crayola Crayon Colors (Take a moment and Google some of the crazy Crayola crayon colors that exist. Can you think of any book titles that sound like they could also be a crayon color? It might be fun to include a description of the kind of color you’re picturing.)
- April 20: Colorful Book Covers
- April 27: Animals from Books (these could be mythical, real, main characters, sidekicks, companions/pets, shifters, etc.) (Submitted by Paige @paigesquared and Jennifer Y. @ Never Too Many to Read)
The last two weeks were dedicated to audiobooks that I am trying to work through to clean-up my TBR and then upcoming blog tours/blitzes that will also help clean-up my TBR. This week is a slightly different direction as these are all books I randomly found on my TBR and I just randomly chose those that had a type of pun in their titles. Typically, I try to add additional criteria, but my mind went blank this week so instead I created a short list of any book with a clever title and then closed my eyes to choose ten (haha). All of them are ones that I want to read and some of them, especially the Peanuts book, have been on my TBR for a very long time. There are millions of funny book titles out there, so I’m sure I did not cover even a tiny fraction and I cannot wait to see all the funny names that other bloggers will post this week!