Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About are hosting the annual Audiobook Challenge for 2021. As I got into audiobooks in February, I decided this would be an interesting challenge to help track my audiobook progress.
- Runs January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2021 than you did in 2020.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger, you can do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger, you can spread the word by posting on Facebook or Twitter about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) – 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) – 5-10
- Stenographer (I can listen while multitasking) – 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) – 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) -20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) – 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) – 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) – 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) – 100+
For this challenge, I decided to be very ambitious and went with Marathoner with at least 50 audiobooks before the end of the year. I completed my first audiobook in February, so I am not sure how well I will meet this challenge as I am missing almost two months.
Instead of featuring daily/weekly/monthly check-ins for this challenge, I decided to post a quarterly check-in. My posts will, therefore, be posted March 31st (January through March), June 30th (April through June), September 30th (July through September, and December 31st (October through December, plus a yearly number recap).
Number of Audiobooks for this Quarter: 13
Number of Audiobooks Total: 13
That wraps up the first quarter of my 2021 Audiobook Challenge progress! Although I DNF The White Coat Diaries, I counted it as I finished over 70% of the novel before I gave up. It still took a lot of time to get that far in the book, so it was worth adding to my list.
Considering that I did not listen to any audiobooks in January and only one in February, my progress is not too bad. I highly doubt that I will reach the goal of 50, but you never know as it only improbable and not impossible. For those interested in completing the challenge, you can follow the link at the top of the post. Audiobooks are not for anyone, but I recommend them for those wishing to give them a try. I also suggest this challenge as a way to track your progress as maybe you only have one audiobook this year, but then have four next year and you can visually see your growth. That is my goal with this challenge at least. Happy reading and/or listening!