Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About are hosting the annual Audiobook Challenge for 2021. As I got into audiobooks in February, I decided this would be an interesting challenge to help track my audiobook progress.
If you want to take part, make sure to check out the sign-up page for this year’s challenge, and also head on over to the Goodreads group.
- Runs January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2021 than you did in 2020.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger, you can do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger, you can spread the word by posting on Facebook or Twitter about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) – 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) – 5-10
- Stenographer (I can listen while multitasking) – 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) – 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) -20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) – 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) – 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) – 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) – 100+
For this challenge, I initially went with Marathoner. As I kept listening to more and more reads, I upped my goal to The 100 Club and I am thrilled that I surpassed it! Instead of posting weekly or monthly updates, I posted my progress by quarter. My update posts were posted on March 31st (January through March), June 30th (April through June), September 30th (July through September. This final update will list my fourth quarter progress for October through December.
Number of Audiobooks for this Quarter: 13 (Oct.) + 11 (Nov.) + 10 (Dec.)
Number of Audiobooks Total: Q1 (13) + Q2 (53) + Q3 (55) + Q4 (34) = 155
My first quarter started off very slow as I was not really into audiobooks. Slowly, I started finding some that worked for me and the number that I listened to per month increased over the middle of the year. Unfortunately, the end of the year became too busy for me to continue that pace, which meant that my number per quarter was greatly reduced. I am still thrilled that I completed 155 audiobooks this year and I hope to continue listening to them in 2022! Happy reading/listening!
One thought on “~ 2021 Audiobook Challenge: Q4 & Yearly Wrap-Up ~”