I have seen this challenge posted on tons of blogs and finally decided to take the plunge and give it a try. I am not sure who the creator of this challenge is as I do not recall seeing a link on others’ posts. If you know who it is, I will be happy to add their credits. The rules are simple as each post contains one letter of the alphabet and contains memorable reads from the past and novels from your TBR.
For this challenge, I decided to mix up my order using a random letter generator. Instead of going alphabetically, I will post based on the letter chosen by the generator. As there may be repeats, I am not sure if I want to select a new letter or just post the letter given by the generator, so I will have to decide once that situation occurs. I am also still working on if I want to make this a weekly post or if I want to spread out the posts.
Today’s Letter: S
This is a very difficult letter as I have hundreds of memorable reads and TBR novels that begin with “S.” I tried to narrow them down, which was still difficult, so I chose to narrow it down further to eight novels for each section. You can select the image of each novel’s cover to access their Goodreads page and the title to access my reviews.
Memorable Titles That Start With the Letter “S”
- (The) Song of Achilles – This novel is one of my favorites of all-time. It initially appealed to me as I love Greek mythology and the amazing writing, plot, and characters made me stay and want to read it again and again.
- (The) Starlight Blade (The Twin Kingdoms #4) – This is the final novella in the series and I loved how it not only wrapped up the main story, but also provided an enjoyable story for Viola, who was a secondary character in some of the other installments.
- Secrets of the Starcrossed (Once and Future Queen #1) – While this novel was not quite for me, it intrigued me enough to continue with the series. I am thrilled that I continued as I absolutely ended up loving the series as a whole.
- Spellbreaker (Spellbreaker #1) – This was an entertaining start to the duology. I love the idea of spell makers and spell breakers, which was a unique spin on magic in a story.
- (The) Seat Filler – This story was a cute take on the “commoner” and famous person where the two meet as one is a seat filler at an awards ceremony attended by the other. One very unique twist was the concept of the fear of kissing as this was the first novel where I saw it used.
- (The) Secret Bridesmaid – Before even reading this story, I was familiar with the business of people hiring outsiders to pose as part of the bridal or groom party. I love that this novel was told through the eyes of one of those in the field to give an exploration of the struggle between their real self and the self they were hired to be.
- Sorcery of Thorns – A woman in charge of a library is falsely accused of a crime. She sets out on a quest to stop the dangers and there is a sweet romance along the way.
- (The) Stolen Kingdom – This was a great standalone fantasy. True magic users gifted it to outsiders only for it to go wrong and now the world needs to right itself. While I would have loved this expanded into a duology, I still thought it was a very well done standalone.
Books on My TBR that Start With the Letter “S”
Have you read any of the novels mentioned above or are they on your TBR?