Welcome to my seventh post for the ABC Challenge!
I am not sure who the creator of this challenge is as I do not recall seeing a link on others’ posts. If you know who it is, I will be happy to add their credits. The rules are simple as each post contains one letter of the alphabet and contains memorable reads from the past and novels from your TBR.
For this challenge, I decided to mix up my order using a random letter generator. Instead of going alphabetically, I will post based on the letter chosen by the generator. As there may be repeats, I am not sure if I want to select a new letter or just post the letter given by the generator, so I will have to decide once that situation occurs. I am also still working on if I want to make this a weekly post or if I want to spread out the posts.
Today’s Letter: G
I was surprised at how difficult G was as I did not have a ton of completed novels that began with the letter. I did have multiple on my TBR, so this one was a challenge to narrow it down to only eight novels.
Memorable Titles That Start With the Letter “G”
- Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) – While this series was memorable, it was not one of my favorites. This novel was just okay, for me, as it was great to delve deeper into the characters, but it did not do a lot to help the plot move forward.
- Gods & Monsters (Serpent & Dove #3) – I am still not sure about this series as the first novel was excellent, but the last two just felt like they were missing something to make them amazing. This story was nice, though, as it did give some closure to the series while leaving some open-endedness if the author ever decided to expand on the universe.
- Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter Witch – This book is all over the place and is pure chaos in a good way, for me. It is a story that does not take itself too seriously and I love that it was turned into a show where the creators did a great job putting it on screen.
- Grace & Glory (The Harbinger #3) – I liked how this novel wrapped up the series. As The Harbinger series is a companion one to The Dark Elements series, I enjoyed how there were some callbacks before the entire series wrapped up.
- Gilded (Gilded #1) – I was not sure what to expect in this first novel as it builds up slowly and the pacing varies a lot throughout the novel. As I said in my review, there is one event that I am not really in agreeance with, but there is still enough in the novel to make me curious to read the sequel.
- Go the Distance (Twisted Tales #11) – I greatly enjoyed this twisted take on Hercules where Megara is the star and has to go on her own adventure.
- Gold Spun (Gold Spun #1) – This was an interesting take on Rumpelstiltskin. The main character, Nor, goes through some nice growth as the events move forward and I am greatly looking forward to seeing how this series moves forward.
- Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love #2) – While maintaining the structure of a romance novel, this story takes it a step further by exploring mental health. Both main characters have PTSD which affects each of them differently, so it was great to see them be there for each other.
Books on My TBR that Start With the Letter “G”
Have you read any of the novels mentioned above or are they on your TBR?