Welcome to my eighth post for the ABC Challenge!
I am not sure who the creator of this challenge is as I do not recall seeing a link on others’ posts. If you know who it is, I will be happy to add their credits. The rules are simple as each post contains one letter of the alphabet and contains memorable reads from the past and novels from your TBR.
For this challenge, I decided to mix up my order using a random letter generator. Instead of going alphabetically, I will post based on the letter chosen by the generator. As there may be repeats, I am not sure if I want to select a new letter or just post the letter given by the generator, so I will have to decide once that situation occurs. I am also still working on if I want to make this a weekly post or if I want to spread out the posts.
Today’s Letter: T
As I do not count “the” for the beginning of titles in this challenge, it did narrow down my available choices a little. There were were still many to choose from and it was difficult to narrow down my choices to only eight.
Memorable Titles That Start With the Letter “T”
- These Hollow Vows (These Hollow Vows #1) – My immediate reaction after completing this novel was that it was just okay; however, it is one that has grown on me a lot over time. As the sequel will be released in a few months, I may wait and reread both of them together to see how my feelings change.
- Thorn (Dauntless Path #1) – This novel was a pleasant surprise and an excellent introduction to the author. While Rae from the second novel intrigues me a little more, I still greatly enjoyed Alyrra’s story.
- (The) Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, AK #1) – I am in the minority for this particular novel as it was not quite for me. It was still great, but just not quite amazing. I did love it as an introduction to the series and to the gorgeous setting of small-town Alaska. I am very excited to read the fourth novel when it eventually is officially announced with a title and release date.
- To Have & to Hoax (The Regency Vows #1) – This story borders on the ridiculous with the antics of the main characters while still being a sweet romance. I liked the introduction to the series and to the main friend group where each of them gets their own story in the later novels.
- Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns #1) – This novel served as a great introduction to the characters, both main and secondary, that all play some part in the rest of the series. There is not a lot of plot yet, but it was still a nice way to start the series.
- The Trouble with Hating You (The Trouble with Hating You #1) – I greatly enjoyed the author exploring Indian culture within this romance story. As this is the start of the series, I loved the writing style. I am not sure if there is a third novel in the works, but I still look forward to reading more from the author.
- (A) Trail of Pearls – This was a very unexpected story. It stands out as it features an older main character who is at a crossroads. There are fantasy elements integrated into this destination story (Italy) along with some romance that made this an interesting tale.
- Throne of the Glass (Throne of Glass #1) – This installment was a nice introduction to the main plot as I previously “met” the main character in the prequels. While it did focus a lot on the love triangle, there were enough other elements that greatly intrigued me and I cannot wait to continue with the series.
Books on My TBR that Start With the Letter “T”
Have you read any of the novels mentioned above or are they on your TBR?