Welcome to my eleventh post for the ABC Challenge!
I am not sure who the creator of this challenge is as I do not recall seeing a link on others’ posts. If you know who it is, I will be happy to add their credits. The rules are simple as each post contains one letter of the alphabet and contains memorable reads from the past and novels from your TBR.
For this challenge, I decided to mix up my order using a random letter generator. Instead of going alphabetically, I will post based on the letter chosen by the generator. As there may be repeats, I am not sure if I want to select a new letter or just post the letter given by the generator, so I will have to decide once that situation occurs. I am also still working on if I want to make this a weekly post or if I want to spread out the posts.
Today’s Letter: B
“B” was a surprising letter as I actually read more novels and novellas that began with B than I currently have on my Goodreads TBR. I am not sure if this is due to me not keeping up my online TBR or I just don’t have a lot beginning with this letter, but I realized I have a lot of good novels to read.
Memorable Titles That Start With the Letter “B”
- (The) Burning God (Poppy War #3) – I love how this installment wrapped up the series with a great ending. There are some hints throughout the series about how it will all end, but I liked how each element of the plot flowed from one to the next until the great conclusion.
- Blade of Secrets (Bladesmith #1) – Since this is written by one of my go-to authors, it was an easy novel to pick-up. As the start of a duology, I loved the introduction to the characters and story. I really cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel, although I will wait for the audiobook version just to be consistent with both novels.
- (The) Bride Test (Kiss Quotient #2) – While I am in the minority by liking this one more than the first in the series, I loved how this story was written. One of the characters is on the autistic spectrum and the other has no experience, which created a very heart-warming story about the two learning about each other.
- Beasts of Beauty (Bewitching Fairy Tales #3) – Every novel in the series takes two fairy tales and combines them to create a unique retelling. This novel, and the others in the series, stands out as the stories themselves are simple yet they include a deeper emotional element that is well integrated into the story.
- (The) Boy Toy – This novel stands out to me as it is a May-December relationship with the woman as the older one. Along with the romance portion, there were a lot of topics, such as family, covered and I liked how it all weaved together.
- (The) Beautiful Ones– This novel was an interesting mix of historical and fantasy where there are hints of the fantasy elements set in the real world. The exploration of society was well-integrated and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this story.
- (The) Beach Reads Book Club – The novel itself is predictable, but the characters are what made the story great and memorable. The members of the book club has a nice age range and life experience and I loved how each was highlighted in the story.
- Boyfriend Material (Boyfriend Material #1) – I first read this when it was a standalone and I am thrilled that it was expanded into a trilogy as I cannot wait to return to this world and continue to learn more about the characters.
Books on My TBR that Start With the Letter “B”
Have you read any of the novels mentioned above or are they on your TBR?
4 thoughts on “~ The ABC Book Challenge: “B” ~”
I’ve read Boyfriend Material and The Burning God and I loved both!
Wow, that’s way more books than I was expecting to start with B! Bet the Farm is on my TBR, too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I was very surprised at the number of novels starting with B as I thought it would take me forever to find enough for my list. I hope we both enjoy Bet the Farm when we get a chance to read it! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person