Welcome to my twelfth post for the ABC Challenge!
I am not sure who the creator of this challenge is as I do not recall seeing a link on others’ posts. If you know who it is, I will be happy to add their credits. The rules are simple as each post contains one letter of the alphabet and contains memorable reads from the past and novels from your TBR.
For this challenge, I decided to mix up my order using a random letter generator. Instead of going alphabetically, I will post based on the letter chosen by the generator. As there may be repeats, I am not sure if I want to select a new letter or just post the letter given by the generator, so I will have to decide once that situation occurs. I am also still working on if I want to make this a weekly post or if I want to spread out the posts.
Today’s Letter: O
“O” was a difficult letter as most of the novels that I have either completed or have on my TBR begin with “One” or “Of.” While I used some of those titles in my post, I was trying to avoid using only novels beginning with those two words.
Memorable Titles That Start With the Letter “O”
- Oracle (Diana Hawthorne Supernatural Mystery #1) – This story takes a modern day oracle and ties it together with Greek mythology. The two timelines interact well and I cannot wait to see how the mysteries further unfold in the third novel.
- Once Upon a Dream (Twisted Tales #2) – The story takes the Disney version of Sleeping Beauty and gives it a twist involving Aurora’s world once she falls under Maleficent’s spell. It was a fun take on the story, although there were still many elements that I wish were explored in more detail.
- (The) Other Prince (Royal Connections #1) – The story was a cute start to the series where a commoner gets involved with royalty. The main couple was cute, but I do wish their story was built up a little more before they took the first step together.
- Our Violent Ends (These Violent Delights #2) – This was an excellent conclusion for the duology. I liked how the characters developed a lot over the course of both novels and I enjoyed how everything wrapped up at the end.
- One Last Stop – This novel had a lot of potential for me, but it, unfortunately, did not live up to my higher expectations. There were many elements to love, but the characters and their growing relationship did not resonate as much as the author’s previous novel.
- On Location– Not only was this story a sweet romance, it was an amazing highlight of the gorgeous landscape in Utah. The national parks play a huge role as the backdrop for the characters and I enjoyed how everything worked together in this story.
- Of Silver and Shadow – While this novel is currently a standalone, there is some open-endedness to the story where it could be added on in the future. The story itself was interesting and I enjoyed this introduction to the author.
- Outrageous (Rebels of the Ton #2) – This was a fun addition to the series where the story ties together with the others yet it could be read as a standalone. The two main characters were fun together and had great chemistry and I look forward to reading more from the author in the future.
Books on My TBR that Start With the Letter “O”
Have you read any of the novels mentioned above or are they on your TBR?