I’m back with another tag for this week. I randomly came across this tag and decided to give it a try.
- Link back to this post and mention Taiwo @ Stuffed Shelves as the creator of this tag.
- Link back to the person who tagged you and thank them!
- Answer the questions (of course!)
- Tag as many people as you want (usually 5-10).
1. What book(s) have you been given as a gift that you loved?
I have been given plenty of novels and it is difficult to narrow it down from the entire list. I went with Tolkien’s novel, The Fall of Numenor, as it is one of the lastest novels that I have received.
2. What book(s) would you like to give as a gift to someone else?
The Song of Achilles is a solid novel that has been one of my favorites among the newer releases. I have classics like Jane Austin, etc., but this novel is the one that came to my mind first to give as a gift.
3. If you could gift a random person any bookish item, what would it be?
It will definitely depend on the person for gift buying, but a bookish item that I enjoy are book sleeves. Originally, I did not even think of using them, but ever since I received some in my Fairyloot boxes, I have used them and loved them.
4. If you could gift a random person any non-bookish item, what would it be?
This one also greatly depends on the person, but one non-bookish item I gave as a gift was an Avatar: the Last Airbender tumbler.
5. What do you say when a person gives you a gift you don’t like?
I think this would depend on what the gift was and also who gave it to me. If it is someone I am very close with, I may hint or be direct that the gift wasn’t for me, but usually I like almost anything and just enjoy the thought behind the gift rather than the gift itself.
6. Mention a book based around Valentine’s Day.
The Do-Over is one novel on my TBR that I want to read that happens to be set on Valentine’s Day.
7. Mention any two tips for blogging as a gift to other bloggers and to those who may want to start a blog.
Even though I have been blogging for a bit, I still like I just started, so I am not sure on any tips to give to others.
I think the two main things that I follow myself are to not put any pressure on yourself and to just keep the joy of reading alive. For both I essentially just want to make sure that reading/blogging stays something I love and does not feel like a chore.
8. Link to some posts by other bloggers that you loved or were very helpful.
There are tons of blogs that I love reading where there are way too many to list them all and I don’t want to forget any if I even make the attempt. All I know is that if you are looking for helpful or new blogs, don’t just focus on popular ones. While those are amazing and I follow quite a few of them, some blogs that may not even have any followers yet may have some really cool content.
This was a very enjoyable tag as there was bookish questions with some non-. While reading the questions, I had a million answers that ran through my head for each, so I hope some of the answers actually convey what was in my head. Either way, I tag anyone who wants to give this post a try.
One thought on “~ ThursTAG: Bookish Valentine’s Day Tag ~”