- Runs January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2022 than you did in 2021.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger, you can do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger, you can spread the word by posting on Facebook or Twitter about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2022, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2022.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) – 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) – 5-10
- Stenographer (I can listen while multitasking) – 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) – 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) -20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) – 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) – 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) – 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) – 100+
I discovered this challenge back in February of 2021 when I first got into audiobooks. Originally, I went with Marathoner (50), but then I increased my level to The 100 Club (100+). As I surpassed that and completed 155 audiobooks from February to December of 2021, I am going to be ambitious again and go for The 100 Club once again.
This year I will follow my same updating format where I post four updates throughout the year with each quarter’s progress. My posts will, therefore, be posted March 31st (January through March), June 30th (April through June), September 30th (July through September, and December 31st (October through December, plus a yearly number recap).
Number of Audiobooks for this Quarter: 18 (July) + 23 (Aug.) + (Sept.)
Total Number of Audiobooks: 86 + = 86
As I complete my audiobooks each month, I will fill in the above tracking, and then the final product will be posted at the end of each quarter. Right now I will do my wrap-up again with my final quarter update, but I may change this down the line and do something different. For now, I am excited to try out some new audiobooks!
Audiobooks continue to be a great option for reading for me as I love listening to them while I am doing chores or at work. As I do not have a ton of time to sit and read a printed version, audiobooks are a great way for me to keep connected with my love of reading and discover new stories. The speeds I listen to novels depend on the narrators and also the complexity of the stories. I cannot wait to continue into the final quarter of the year!
Happy reading and/or listening!